5 Simple Steps You Can Do Now to Improve Your Health
How’s everything going? Are you feeling a little overwhelmed this time of year? Maybe you feel you have so much to do and not enough time to do it all, especially eat as well as you’d like or motivate to exercise when it gets dark at 5PM. I’m here to say I totally get it. I’m with you. I struggle with the same things, but I wake up every morning and try to start anew.
Here are 5 things I do to keep my (mental and physical) health strong over the holidays:
- Before I even get out of bed, I take at least 10 deep breaths and set an intention for my day.
- Make a goal to drink more water than I did the day before.
- Try to eat at least 7 veggies a day.
- Go for a 20 minute walk at lunch or first thing when I get home, even if it’s dark. We all have 20 minutes.
- Opt for a sparkling water with a splash of pomegranate or cranberry juice and lime at my next holiday party, rather than reaching for that glass of wine or delightful cocktail. (I guarantee you’ll sleep better, and you’ll wake up more inspired the next day to eat well and exercise.)
These are tiny steps that can make a HUGE impact. Just try it. Let me know what happens. I’d be so curious to see how much better you feel.